Friday, August 27, 2004

He's Gone

This guy had the BEST blog ever regarding the war in Iraq. But he came under the notice of his superiors and that was the end of that. I also work for a bureaucracy and I know what that's like. You can go on your merry way for years and no one notices or cares - and suddenly, Big Brother rotates His giant head and His big kleig light eye beams are on you like the naked bulb of an interrogator's lamp. Once that happens, forget it. Everyone around you could be doing the same thing you are, skirting the rules perhaps, cutting corners, but getting the job done - and they continue while you are used as an EXAMPLE for the Proper Procedures.

I do understand that a military blog is uncharted territory. In WWII, soldier's letters home had to run through a censor, who blacked out anything they felt was TMI. By the time the folks back home got the letter, it was a few weeks later, and looked like a checkerboard. Now there is Instant Messaging - no censor there - at least for now. Until Big Brother looks at that whole genre.

Unfortunately for us, He has turned His leaden gaze upon CBGTW's excellent blog. Past entries on the blog did not seem to me to give away anything important, but I also read the comments each day and some of THOSE raised eyebrows I think. In any case, while there may be other military blogs out there that haven't come under the Great Gaze yet, CMGTW has been silenced. At least in blogdom. I have a feeling he is writing, writing, writing even more now - and when he's back stateside, we're going to get some very interesting commentary. I can't wait!! In the meantime, Godspeed, CMGTW - stay safe and my prayers are winging your way.

1 Comments:

Blogger Susan Humeston said...

I will definitely be looking for him as time goes by.....

8:57 PM  

Post a Comment

<< Home