Monday, November 21, 2005

Thanksgiving

Well, it's another Thanksgiving in my life. And no matter how I complain about difficulties, I have so much to be thankful for. I'm alive, for one. I have a home and health, although I really need to exercise so I DON'T croak. My job? I'm still showing up every day - and being treated like so much dead wood is humility inducing and character building, whether I like it or not. I won't die from it - and it doesn't matter a speck what these people think - I don't like them much either, come to think of it. They're not the kind of people, personality wise, that I'd be attracted to anyway. So the heck with 'em.

Then there's my husband - one of God's GREATEST gifts to me. I had a lousy marriage years ago - and God let him leave me and then gave me someone wonderful in return. Every day he shows me more of how wonderful he is and He is, too.

I'm very proud of my little off-shoot - my daughter. She's a chip off the old block, and since I like myself mostly - I like her, too, as well as love her. And you can't beat family. Blood knows blood, nature knows nature.

So, as this nice long weekend draws near, and the weather looks to get a bit cooler, which my husband and I love, I am mindful that I have eternity to thank my Savior for as well as all the gifts of life He has given me.

Oh - and on another note - I'm going to see the Johnny Cash movie, "Walk the Line" tomorrow - can't wait. That is one man I admired a great deal, as well as his wife. I wrote this a little more than a year ago, after seeing his video "Hurt".

2 Comments:

Blogger Bonita said...

I'm glad you are counting your blessings - that tends to increase them, somehow. It's a karma thing. I wish you and your family a very happy Thanksgiving.

8:43 PM  
Blogger Susan Humeston said...

Back at you! Thanks for visiting - and even more, for leaving a comment.

5:32 AM  

Post a Comment

<< Home